While it seems today’s selfie-loving, digitally-driven culture has motivated demand for aesthetic enhancement, a considerable number of those considering treatment are seeking a natural ‘me, but better’ effect.
Research shows that a desire to improve self-confidence and preserve a youthful appearance are key motives for those seeking aesthetic enhancements. However, barriers for those seeking treatment include concern over liking the result, and people noticing they had sought treatment; which is more apparent among those aged over 35.1
Galderma’s range of skin fillers includes a product line specifically designed with these patients in mind. Restylane® Skinboosters™ offer a unique approach to nourishing the skin, and work by delivering deep-skin hydration, improving the skin structure and elasticity, and reducing fine lines and imperfections.2-6
Restylane Skinboosters are made using Galderma’s patented Non-Animal Stabilised hyaluronic acid (HA) (NASHA)™ technology, featuring regularly cross-linked HA, a naturally occurring molecule in the body responsible for supporting skin hydration and structure. The product contains smaller particles than other fillers in the Restylane portfolio, and works by subtly plumping the skin through its biochemical properties, rather than exerting a mechanical effect. The product is applied by micro-injection (supplied with the product) or by cannula, and can be used on the face (including the forehead, cheek, crow’s feet, peri-oral lines, and accordion lines), neck, décolletage and hands. The recommended treatment plan usually includes three treatments, 2-4 weeks apart, with a maintenance treatment every 4-6 months to maintain maximum benefit.2,3
Restylane Skinboosters have been used by aestheticians for over 12 years and over 3.5 million treatments have been performed during this time. Restylane Skinboosters are supported by a number of clinical studies demonstrating an improvement in skin elasticity of the face and hands, for up to 12 months following initial treatment.5,6
1.RARE research, 2017.
2. Restylane® Skinboosters™ Vital Lidocaine - Instructions for Use. Galderma.
3. Restylane® Skinboosters™ Vital Light Lidocaine - Instructions for Use. Galderma.
4. Kerscher M et al; Rejuvenating Influence of a Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid–Based Gel of Nonanimal Origin on Facial Skin Aging. Dermatol Surg. 2008;34:1–7.
5. Gubanova EI et al; 12-month Effects of Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid Gel Compared With Saline for Rejuvenation of Aging Hands. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015;14(3):288-98.
6. Gubanova EI et al; Injections of stabilized hyaluronic acid with a sharp needle compared with a blunt microcannula for facial skin rejuvenation: 12-month results. Poster presented at the International Master Course on Aging Skin (IMCAS), 29 Jan-1 Feb 2015, Paris, France.
7. Dierickx C. Poster presented at IMCAS, Paris, France.
8. Data on file. MA-31037. Galderma Ltd.
9. Talarico, S et al. High Patient Satisfaction of a Hyaluronic Acid Filler Producing Enduring Full-Facial Volume Restoration: An 18-Month Open Multicenter Study. Dermatol. Surg. 2015;41:1361–1369.