Held as a virtual ceremony, the event was as glamorous as ever, featuring a cocktail masterclass, celebrity hosts Cherry Healey and Jon Briggs, and a best-dressed competition – the winners of which will be featured in next month’s journal!
A massive thank you to all our judges, who carefully assessed each entry in their assigned categories, ensuring their scores and feedback were as fair and balanced as possible, as well as to our voters for their fantastic feedback. Special thanks must also go to our sponsors; their support enabled us to deliver such a spectacular event!
A huge congratulations to all Winners, as well as those who received Commendations and High Commendations. We had some incredible finalists, and everyone who was up for an Award should be proud of everything they’ve achieved and contributed to the specialty throughout the year.
WINNER: CHURCH PHARMACY
Church Pharmacy received this Award for the second year running. The team had fantastic feedback from voters, one of which commented, “Church Pharmacy are a great team who go above and beyond.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Wigmore Medical
- Aspire & Co Ltd
- Best Brothers Ltd
- HA-Derma Ltd
THE ACE AWARD FOR MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR
WINNER: AESTHETIC TECHNOLOGY LTD
One judge stated, “Aesthetic Technology has proven to be a reliable company who has responded well to the COVID-19 pandemic and should be applauded for this.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Cynosure UK Ltd
COMMENDED: Lynton Lasers
- Establishment Labs
- Fotona D.o.o
- LIPOELASTIC LTD
WINNER: TERINA DENNY
Comments from Terina’s customers included, “She works harder than any other rep I know,” and, “The most efficient, enthusiastic and supportive rep ever.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Thom Klein
COMMENDED: Jordan Sizer
THE SKINCEUTICALS AWARD FOR ENERGY DEVICE OF THE YEAR
Our judges had great things to say about EMSCULPT, praising its efficacy by noting that the entry was, “Very detailed and impressive with lots of evidence supplied.”
ENDYMED 3DEEP Skin Science (AesthetiCare)
COMMENDED: Soprano Titanium (ABC Lasers) and truSculpt Flex (Cutera)
- BYONIK Pulse Triggered Laser (Pure Swiss Aesthetics Ltd)
- Dermalux Flex MD (Aesthetic Technology Ltd)
- Emerald Laser (Erchonia Lasers Ltd) • Fotona StarWalker (Fotona)
- ONDA Coolwaves (DEKA in partnership with Lynton Lasers)
- Picosure (Cynosure UK) • Teslaformer (Beautyform Medical)
- Thermage FLX (Solta Medical)
THE DIGITRX BY CHURCH PHARMACY AWARD FOR PRODUCT INNOVATION
WINNER: MORPHEUS8 (INMODE UK)
Our judges commented that the Morpheus8 device by InMode is a fantastic new product on the market with incredible proven results!
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Emepelle (AesthetiCare)
COMMENDED: Juvéderm Volux (Allergan)
- Custom DOSE (SkinCeuticals)
- Lasergen (Endor Technologies distributed by Elénzia)
WINNER: TEOSYAL RHA (TEOXANE UK)
Voters praised the range’s dynamic properties, commenting that they gave a natural but effective result, with less complications and great patient satisfaction.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Juvéderm VOLUX (Allergan)
COMMENDED: Aliaxin (HA-Derma Ltd)
- DESIRIAL PLUS (VIVACY LABORATOIRES)
- Sunekos (Med-fx)
- APTOS Threads (Novus Medical)
TOPICAL SKIN PRODUCT/RANGE OF THE YEAR
WINNER: HELIOCARE 360 (AESTHETICARE)
One voter said, “It never fails me. Whether it’s for a summer holiday or daily SPF I have full confidence when recommending Heliocare 360 to patients of all skin types.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: ZO Skin Health (Wigmore Medical)
COMMENDED: PCA Skin C&E Advanced (Church Pharmacy) and skinbetter science (AestheticSource)
- Dr.LEVY Switzerland
- PROFHILO HAENKENIUM
- SkinCeuticals Antioxidants
WINNER: PIEZOTOME (BIOSPECTRUM LTD)
There was just one finalist in this category, but the judges highlighted that they were hugely impressed with Piezotome’s success so it was awarded the highest accolade!
SUPPLIER TRAINING PROVIDER
WINNER: TEOXANE UK
Judges commented that Teoxane’s training covers all needs for both a beginner and an advanced injector with one saying, “Excellent training with amazing support from all the team.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Wigmore Medical
COMMENDED: HA-Derma Ltd
- Cynosure UK Ltd
- Lynton Lasers Ltd
- SkinCeuticals Training Team
- VIVACY LABORATOIRES
THE CCR AWARD FOR INDEPENDENT TRAINING PROVIDER
WINNER: ACQUISITION AESTHETICS
Voters said the training was exceptional, delivered by a very knowledgeable and professional team, as well as noting the great hands-on experience and fantastic aftercare supplied.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Avanti Aesthetics Academy
COMMENDED: RA Academy
- Cosmetic Courses
- Harley Academy Post Graduate Aesthetics Courses
- Interface Aesthetics
- Learna Ltd
- SkinDerma Pro
Regional Clinic Winners
BEST CLINIC NORTH ENGLAND
WINNER: SDS REJUVENATE MEDISPA
The clinic, located in the Wirral, received fantastic praise from judges, with one saying, it was, “A very professional, transparent and open clinic who believe in doing things properly and to the highest standard.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Dr Sobia Medispa
COMMENDED: Lumiere Clinic
- Burgess Hyder Dental Group
- Cliniva Medispa
- MySkyn Clinic Ltd
- Skyn Doctor
- VL Aesthetics
THE CYNOSURE AWARD FOR BEST CLINIC MIDLANDS AND WALES
WINNER: AIR AESTHETICS
The judges were seriously impressed with this entry. One commented, “Some really fantastic business practice – proactive and clearly very passionate about their business. Impressive!”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Freyja Medical
COMMENDED: Hampton Clinic
- Outline Clinic
- Pure Perfection Clinic
- So Aesthetics
THE AESTHETIC TECHNOLOGY AWARD FOR BEST CLINIC LONDON
WINNER: ADONIA MEDICAL CLINIC
This is the second time the clinic has won Best Clinic London! Judges commented that the clinic provided an impressive entry, with very clear and logical processes.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Cadogan Clinic
COMMENDED: London Professional Aesthetics
- 111 Harley St.
- Cavendish Clinic
- Dermasurge Clinic
- LINIA Skin Clinic
THE INTRALINE AWARD FOR BEST CLINIC SOUTH ENGLAND
WINNER: PERFECT SKIN SOLUTIONS
The Portsmouth-based clinic received positive reviews from our judges, with one commenting, “Perfect Skin Solutions is a well led and organised clinic focused on both patient care, and safety with a proactive business model!”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Vie Aesthetics
COMMENDED: S-Thetics and River Aesthetics
- Cosmex Clinic
- Elite Aesthetics
- Health & Aesthetics
- Illuminate Skin Clinic
- Weston Beauty Clinic Ltd
BEST CLINIC IRELAND
WINNER: BEYOND SKIN
Winning this category for the second year in a row, judges said they were very impressed with Beyond Skin’s company protocols, praising their detailed entry that answered each question well.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Elite Aesthetics Clinic
COMMENDED: The Laser and Skin Clinic
- Belfast Skin Clinic
- The New You Clinic
- Younique Aesthetic Clinic
BEST CLINIC SCOTLAND
WINNER: DERMAL CLINIC
Judges noted that the team was committed to safety with a good support framework, demonstrating patient satisfaction and excellent growth.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Aesthetic Spirit Rejuvenation Clinic
COMMENDED: Renu Skin Clinic
- Clinica Medica
- Dr Nestor’s Medical Cosmetic Centre
- Smile with Kev
Other Clinic Winners
THE RELIFE AWARD FOR BEST NEW CLINIC UK AND IRELAND
WINNER: HUNAR CLINIC
Hunar Clinic, located in Denham, was opened in 2019 by Dr Puneet Gupta and Dr Prerna Mittal. One judge commented that it was, “A very strong entry which shows a lot of ambition and competence from the owners.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: PICO Clinic London
COMMENDED: Koha Skin Clinic
- Finesse Skin Clinic
- NassifMD Medical Spa UK
- Younique Aesthetics Skin Clinic Ltd.
- Vitalize Clinic
THE CROMA AWARD FOR CLINIC RECEPTION TEAM
WINNER: FREYJA MEDICAL
Our judges said that Freyja Medical’s entry had evidence of excellent documentation of training and processes, making it a stand-out competitor!
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Vie Aesthetics
COMMENDED: Illuminate Skin Clinic
- Adonia Medical Clinic
- Cliniva Medispa
- Dr Nestor’s Medical Cosmetic Centre
- Dr Sobia Medispa
- Hampton Clinic
- Health & Aesthetics
- Outline Clinic
- Perfect Skin Solutions
- Younique Aesthetics Clinic
THE ALUMIERMD AWARD FOR BEST NON-SURGICAL RESULT
WINNER: MISS JONQUILLE CHANTREY
Miss Chantrey’s case focused on profile rebalancing with submandibular lift, with a patient who had suffered previous facial trauma. After the course of treatment, the patient said she had undergone an incredible experience that enhanced her confidence. Judges said the entry demonstrated an excellent result and strong use of standardised images in animation!
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Dr MJ Rowland-Warmann
COMMENDED: Mary White
- Dr Yusra Al-Mukhtar
- Dr Cormac Convery
- Dr Tom Cryan
- Dr Sunny Dhesi
- Dr Tara Francis
- Dr Anna Hemming
- Dr James Olding
- Dr Tanja Phillips
- Dr Poonam Ram
- Dr Linea Strachan
- Dr Vincent Wong
BEST SURGICAL RESULT
WINNER: MRS SABRINA SHAH-DESAI
Mrs Shah-Desai showed how she treated a patient with severe festoons. One judge commented, “This surgery is technically difficult to perform but has significantly improved the excess skin of the upper eyelid. The lower eyelid result also produced a significant improvement in the facial aesthetics.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Mr Daniel Ezra
COMMENDED: Mr Tunc Tiryaki
- Mr Mo Akhavani
- Mr Yannis Alexandrides
- Dr Grant Hamlet
- Mr Dirk Kremer
- Mr Dan Marsh
Clinic, Company or Organisation
BEST CLINIC SUPPORT PARTNER / PRODUCT
Excellent feedback on this entry. One judge commented, “The entry had well presented evidence and story from a group that is providing real value to clinics and their clinicians!”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Aesthetic Nurse Software
COMMENDED: Allergan Spark
- Aesthetic Response
- Inspire to Outstand Ltd
- Julia Kendrick PR
- Mantelpiece PR
- Sophie Attwood Communications Ltd
- The Tweakments Guide
- Web Marketing Clinic
THE BEYOND BEAUTY AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL INITIATIVE
WINNER: BCAM EDUCATIONAL FRAMEWORK
One judge commented that the BCAM Educational Framework was a, “Fantastic educational entry and will be a shining light for the future of aesthetics.”
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Consulting Room Relaunch Centre
COMMENDED: AlumierMD Professional Portal
- Academic Aesthetic Mastermind Group
- Allergan Aesthetics Beauty Decoded Podcast (Allergan Aesthetics)
- Black Aesthetics Advisory Board
- #IAmMe (Dr Vincent Wong)
- ‘In The Consulting Room’ by Miss Sherina Balaratnam
- The National Medical Weight Loss Programme
- The Plastic Fantastic Podcast (Cosmetic Courses)
- The Safe Aesthetic Practitioner (SafeAP)
Individual Practitioner Winners
THE SUMMIT BY RAJ ACQUILLA AWARD FOR RISING STAR OF THE YEAR
WINNER: DR ALEXANDER PARYS (DR ALEXANDER JAMES AESTHETICS)
All of the judges were impressed with Dr Parys’s ambition to enhance awareness of aesthetic complications in A&E departments, by creating an educational programme for A&E medics focusing on recognition diagnosis and initial management.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Dr Manav Bawa (Time Clinic Medical Aesthetics and Wellness)
COMMENDED: Alice Henshaw (Harley Street Injectables)
- Dr Marwa Ali (The Wellness Clinic)
- Dr Zahra Fazal (Tweak Facial Aesthetics)
- Dr Jemma Gewargis (Aesthetics By Dr Jemma)
- Dr Ana (Anahita) Mansouri (Kat & Co Aesthetics)
- Dr Helen McIver (Professional Facial Aesthetics)
- Dr AileenMcPhillips (Aesthetics by Dr Aileen)
- Dr James Olding (Max Aesthetics)
- Nina Prisk (Update Aesthetics)
- Dr Hannah (Hoda) Ranjbar (L1P Aesthetics)
- Dr Elle Reid (Paragon Aesthetics)
- Dr Emily Swift (Dr Swift Aesthetics)
- Rebecca Taylor (Rebecca Taylor Aesthetics)
THE GET HARLEY AWARD FOR MEDICAL AESTHETIC PRACTITIONER
WINNER: DR ULIANA GOUT (LONDON AESTHETIC MEDICINE)
As president of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine, key opinion leader, course director, author and appraiser, judges commented that Dr Gout demonstrated that she is a consummate professional, and is passionate about educating the aesthetic community.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Dr Sophie Shotter (Illuminate Skin Clinic)
COMMENDED: Miss Sherina Balaratnam (S-Thetics Clinic)
- Dr Nestor Demosthenous (Dr Nestor’s Cosmetic Centre)
- Dr Ifeoma Ejikeme (Adonia Medical Clinic)
- Dr Anna Hemming (Thames Skin Clinic)
- Dr Ioannis Liakas (Vie Aesthetics)
- Dr Brian W. McCleary (Integro Aesthetics)
- Dr Devang Patel (Perfect Skin Solutions)
- Dr Sobia Syed (Dr Sobia Medispa)
- Dr Rekha Tailor (Health & Aesthetics)
- Dr Vincent Wong (VinDoc Aesthetics)
1. American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, 2018. <https://www.plasticsurgery.org/documents/News/Statistics/2018/plastic-surgery-statistics-full-report-2018.pdf>
2. Male cosmetic surgery in China: men seek treatment to help get a job, find a date, or feel more confident 2019. <https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashion-beauty/article/3023536/male-cosmetic-surgery-china-men-seek-treatment-help-get>
3. Frucht CS, Ortiz AE 'Nonsurgical Cosmetic Procedures For Men: Trends And Technique Considerations', J Clin Aesthet Dermatol 9 (2016), pp.33-43.
4. Cohen BE, Bashey S, Wysong A 'Literature review of cosmetic procedures in men: approaches and techniques are gender specific', American journal of clinical dermatology, 18 (2017) pp.87-96.
5. Davis K' A dubious equality': men, women and cosmetic surgery', Body & Society 8 (2002) pp. 4965.
6. Müller C, Schill WB, 'Aesthetic Andrology: Skin Care for Men — Male Cosmetics and Cosmetic Dermatologic Procedures', Andrology for the Clinician, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin (2006), pp.621-33.
7. Sobanko JF, Imadojemu S, Miller CJ, 'Epidemiology of Cosmetic Procedures: An Update for Dermatologists', Current Dermatology Reports, 1 (2012), pp.4-13.
8. Dhaliwal J, Friedman O, 'Injectables and fillers in male patients', Facial plastic surgery clinics of North America, 16 (2008), pp.345-55.
9. Wieczorek IT, Hibler BP, Rossi AM, 'Injectable cosmetic procedures for the male patient', Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 14 (2015), pp. 1043-51.
10. De Maio M, Rzany B, 'The male patient in aesthetic medicine', Springer, (2009).
11. Abbas OL, Karadavut U, 'Analysis of the Factors Affecting Men's Attitudes Toward Cosmetic Surgery: Body Image, Media Exposure, Social Network Use, Masculine Gender Role Stress and Religious Attitudes', Aesthetic Plast Surg, 41 (2017), pp.1454-62.
12. Milothridis P, Pavlidis L, et al., 'A systematic review of the factors predicting the interest in cosmetic plastic surgery', Indian journal of plastic surgery: official publication of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, 49 (2016), pp.397-402.
13. Jackson T, Chen H, 'Predictors of Cosmetic Surgery Consideration Among Young Chinese Women and Men', Sex Roles, 73 (2015), pp.214-30.
14. Hua W, 'Buying beauty: Cosmetic surgery in China', Hong Kong University Press, (2013).
15. Penton-Voak IS, Chen JY' High salivary testosterone is linked to masculine male facial appearance in humans', Evolution and Human Behavior 25 (2004), pp.299-41.
16. Rhodes G, Chan J, et al., 'Does sexual dimorphism in human faces signal health?', Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, 270 (2003), pp.93-5.
17. Thornhill R, Gangestad SW' Facial attractiveness', Trends in cognitive sciences, 3 (1999), pp.452-60.
18. Kruger DJ, 'Male facial masculinity influences attributions of personality and reproductive strategy', Personal Relationships, 13 (2006), pp.451-63.
19. Perrett DI, Lee KJ, et al., 'Effects of sexual dimorphism on facial attractiveness', Nature, 394 (1998), pp.884.
20. Waynforth D, Delwadia S, Camm M, 'The influence of women's mating strategies on preference for masculine facial architecture', Evolution and Human Behavior, 26 (2005), pp.409-16.
21. Johnston VS, Hagel R, et al.,'Male facial attractiveness: evidence for hormone-mediated adaptive design', Evolution and Human Behavior, 22 (2001), pp.251-67.
22. DeBruine LM, Jones BC, et al., 'The health of a nation predicts their mate preferences: cross-cultural variation in women's preferences for masculinized male faces', Proceedings of the Royal Society, 277 (2010), pp.2405-10.
23. Samizadeh S, 'The Ideals of Facial Beauty Among Chinese Aesthetic Practitioners: Results from a Large National Survey', Aesthetic plastic surgery, (2018), pp.1-13.
24. Liew S, Wu WT, et al., 'Consensus on changing trends, attitudes, and concepts of Asian beauty', Aesthetic plastic surgery, 40 (2016), pp.193-201.
25. S Samizadeh Survey, unpublished, data on file.
26. Glassenberg AN, Feinberg DR, et al., 'Sex-Dimorphic Face Shape Preference in Heterosexual and Homosexual Men and Women', Archives of sexual behavior 39 (2010), pp.1289-96.
27. Chen T, Hsu Y, et al., Correction of zygoma and zygomatic arch protrusion in East Asian individuals', Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, 112 (2011), pp.307-14.
28. Chen X, Lin J, et al., 'Modification of square face in men',Archives of facial plastic surgery, 13 (2011), pp.244-6.
29. Samizadeh S, Wu W, 'Ideals of facial beauty amongst the chinese population: results from a large national survey', Aesthetic plastic surgery, (2018), pp.1-11.
30. Zhang J, Zheng L, Zheng Y 'Consistency in preferences for masculinity in faces, bodies, voices, and personality characteristics among homosexual men in China', Personality and Individual Differences, 134 (2018), pp.137-42.
31. Perrett DI, Lee KJ, et al., 'Effects of sexual dimorphism on facial attractiveness', Nature, 394 (1998), pp.884-7.
32. Lam SM, 'Aesthetic facial surgery for the asian male', Facial plastic surgery, 21 (2005), pp.317-23.